Friday 18 January 2013

S is for . . . Swaddle

Now Ethan has reached the six month milestone, as well as the fact we are going through a heat wave, we have decided to stop swaddling. He was getting way too hot and he is managing to get out of every wrap we have.

He was even at the point where he would cry when he was wrapped as he didn't like it and bed time is much more peaceful than it used to be which is wonderful. It's the settling we are having issues with. We were in a good pattern of two 2.5 hour sleeps a day, but without the wrap he wakes after about 40 minutes and can't get himself back to sleep.

So my question is, has anyone gone through this? I'll be putting together a list of hints and tips when I eventually master the non wrapped sleep but at the moment it's all a bit of trial and error. It's been 24 hours of cold turkey no wraps. (Mmmm turkey wraps!) and so far there has been a lot of play time and not a whole lot of sleep.

But we shall see how tonight goes. But if anyone has any awesome ideas please feel free to share them! I would love to hear what other ladies have tried. And I'll keep you updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)