Thursday 1 November 2012

E is for . . .Easy meals

I was not blessed with good cooking skills. Actually I was blessed with the ability to make simple dishes taste horrible. I think its because if a recipe has more than 4 ingredients and 2 steps, I end up missing something.

For example, I thought I would be really nice for my mums birthday this year and make her a cake. A simple buttercake! easy right? you would think so, unfortuantly somehow, I forgot the eggs. It turned out to be the worlds worst tasting buttercake. It looked good, but I wouldnt even feed it to my dog.

So I thought I would share with you some easy, yummo meals, that even I can manage. Also ones that are pretty quick so, if like me you have a baby who someone knows every time you start cooking. It can be completed quickly, before they even know.

Cucumber and Tomato couscous salad. 
Serves - 2 side dishes or one full meal.
Time - 10 minutes

1 cup of cous cous
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of chicken stock
1 tomato
3 spring onions
half a decent sized cucumber
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of butter/ a 1/4 of a cup of water

1. Cut up your Tomato, cucmber and spring onions. Its best to finely cut up your spring onions and make the cucumber and tomato a little more chunky. But this of course is up to you

2. Bring one cup of water to boil, add chicken stock and stir through.

3. Remove water from stove and add in one cup of couscous, stir continuously for about a minute, then cover it and leave for 2-3 minutes (off the stove)

4. Next turn the stove back on and add either the butter or water. (I used water as I'm cuting out dairy and it still tasted delish) then, using a fork mix through the cous cous, gently breaking up the clusters.

5. Leave couscous to cool for five minutes, then add the salad items. Mix through and enjoy!




Its a really easy and tasty dish! and of course can be changed to suit anyone. This is just how I like it.

If you try it let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)