Tuesday 6 November 2012

C is for . . . Chicken Avacado Pesto Pasta

Ahh the long weekend has been so relaxing and rejuvenating. It's not that I have actually accomplished a whole lot, but its nice to bum around the house with Tom home and not have to worry about him leaving for work or his course that he is now doing 2 nights a week.

Instead I got to clean the house and cook, which was awesome! I also bought a rug for the lounge room which im super happy with!
Its all about the little things. they make me happy.

Ill tell you what else makes me happy, Ethan only waking up once in 12 hours sleep last night! Im feeling like a whole new women today, its wonderful.

So last night I made another one of my creations. Easy peasy and delicious! Although I will add my own critique that might make the meal even yummier!

Chicken Avacado Pesto Pasta.
Serves - Family of 4 (with leftovers)
Time- 1/2 an hour


2 Chicken Breast
1 Avadaco
1 Punnet of Cherry Tomatos
100g of Button Mushrooms
1 250ml container of Phillidelphia cream for cooking
2 Tablespoons of Pesto
1 Packet of pasta ( your choice, I think Penne goes best with this dish)

Shaved Parmasan to serve

1. As always, start by cutting up your ingredients first. I cut the cherry tomatos in half, thinly slice the mushrooms and cut the Avo into small chunks. I then dice the chicken and put it all to the side.

2. Firstly, dry fry the tomatos in a fry pan, have the heat on medium and cook them face down until they start to wrinkle, then turn them and cook for about 2 minutes. You will know they are ready when the seeds start to buldge out the top. Remove tomatos and set aside for later

3.Add the chicken to the pan and cook until slightly brown. You do not want the chicken to be fully cooked as it will continue to cook with the sauce. At this time also put a pot of water on the stove to boil for the pasta.

4. Add the Philli and The pesto to your chicken. Put the heat as low as it can go and let the sauce simmer to thicken slightly.

5. As your water is boiling for the pasta, add the pasta with a pinch of salt. Also at this time add the other ingredients to your sauce. Make sure your stiring consistantly.

6. When the pasta is just about done, turn up the heat on your stove to about medium and drain the pasta. When the pasta is drained, add it to the sauce and stir through.

7. Serve with some shaved parmasan.

***Please note, with the recipe I found that there wasnt a whole lot of sauce to go over the pasta and it made it a little bland. If you like lots of sauce on your pasta I would add at least another 150ml of Philli.

This recipe is super easy to make and is even better when its reheated! I find by using philli rather than cooking cream, its thicker and sticks to the pasta better and its actually quite a lot better for you.

Let me know if you used the recipe and what you thought! This is a weekly recipe in our house!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good. I was just looking for something to have to dinner too

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)