Wednesday 17 October 2012

H is for. . . Hard work

As i'm sure all of you parents out there know, being a parent can be super hard! I have a 3 month old who has just started teething, along with the fact he has horrible acid reflux and colic. It tends to end in hours of screaming from both me and baby, its horrible.

I think more than anything its the fact I know he is in pain and there isnt a whole lot I can do to help him. We have tried the wind drops but they seem to have little to know affect on him. And the reflux means he spits up all the time, including the occasional projectile! Its really quite tough to deal with.

Part of the diagnosis of Colic is that your child screams for at least 3 hours a day. 1 month ago I wouldnt have thought that was even possible, that would have seemed like too much to even contemplate. Unfortunatly now screaming for 3 hours, would be classified a good night!

So for now, where not only did I have a bad night last night but a horribly hard day today to follow, I look into my little mans eyes and wish I could take his pain away, wish I could cuddle the pain from him. But instead I hug him tightly and let him know how much I love him and remember the proverb "This too shall pass" and focus on the fact that this is not forever and one day he will wake up and the pain will stay away.

Ill keep you informed on my colic and AR journey and please feel free to share your thoughts or anything you have found to help.

I wish this on knowbody.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)