Tuesday 12 March 2013

G is for . . . Get Fit

So im on my aim to get Tri ready is underway!

It has been dealyed a little due to the heat and trying to get into a rountine with uni life! But im on track now and starting next week I will be putting up my training plan and and eating plan for those who are playing along.

Anyway I just wanted to share one of my biggest secrets when it comes to fitness.

I struggle so much when it comes to finding the motivation to get out of the door to go to the gym or go for a run. So for the last few months I have been using "The Biggest Loser" game on Xbox kinect and I cannot believe the difference.


 

 This is not a paid review, I am not receiving anything in exchange for this review, the company is not even aware I am writing this. I am just wanting to share my secret with my readers

I am in no way a fan of the show itself. Infact I don't really like the show or the concept. i do however love the game.

When you first log on, you have to create a character, you are then able to do a fitnesstest. RThe test starts out at a beginner level and then gets harder as the time goes on. Thes test lasts for 20 minutes and is hard work. The point in this is to examine where you are at physically and what ares of your body need more work. 

The game then makes up a fitness regime for you in which you can choose the kind of workout that suits you best, it might be 10 minutes a day all the way up to an hour and you have the option of doing things such as yoga or boxing.

The ability to do a different workout every day and adjust the time depending on how your feeling or how much time your able to give, really is convenient! The trainer is up on the screena nd you follow along with them. The kinect sensor shows you on the screen and the trainer will let you know if your doing well or you need to improve, for example, lift your knees or jump higher. I find this to be really motivating and helpful.
 

There is also a part within the game that allows you to be challanged, this is my favourite part and I trya nd do one at least once a week. It puts you up against the computer to complete tasks such as jumping or running on the spot. It is hard work and although the challenge may only last 5 minutes, it makes me feel well and truly exhausted and like I have had a great workout. It also makes working out that little bit more fun and pushes you fruther and harder than just having the trainer on the screen.

I would advise of course, using proper workout shoes when using "The Biggest Loser" as it can be quite hard on the ankles and its important to have the support of a good shoe. I also would try and have a blank wall behind you, I have a couch behind me when I use it and sometimes the kinect sensor struggles to pick me up and even if im doing an exercise correctly, it will tell me i'm doing it wrong.

This really has been a great motivator for me gettign fit after Ethan was born, it helped me lose 10kg and 2 dress sizes. If you have an xbox and want to get fit, I would recommend this game to you! It really is fantastic!

Im linking up with Jess for "IBOT" today! head on over and link up!

16 comments:

  1. Would love to get this game.....but do u think it would be too hard on me with the RA? Don't want to spend the money if it's no good for me....but go you! Ur doing great, can't wait to read ur progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! there is all kinds of levels. Even the yoga would be good for you!

      Delete
  2. I use to love playing on the Wii Fit - My son has an Xbox now - I should get them this game!

    Enjoy training for the tri! They're super addictive! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great game! I would recommend for sure!

      Im sure they are! im actually excited for it haha

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the 10 kilos - love the clarification that you don't watch the show. Heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, dont agree with it really. But the game, well thats just great haha!

      Delete
  4. I've got to find something that gets more hooked to lose the last 8kg after dropping 15kg, slow and steady right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly right! its those last kilos that are the hardest though. pesky kilos haha!

      Delete
  5. Well done on the 10 kilos! What an inspiration!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now I want to play! I'm a huge fan of any exercise I can do in the comfort of my own home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on losing 10kg. I would love an Xbox or a Wii to do exercise with but I don't think we have the space in our lounge room to do the games in at the moment. Hopefully by the end of the year we might be able to be able to work something out. Just tossing up between Wii and Xbox...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have both and we use both. I love this game on xbox! but there are some great one on wii too! just what works best for you!

      Delete
  8. This sounds like something I could do! And well done on the 10kg!

    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the beauty of it really! anyone can do it! Thats why I love it!
      Thank you :) x

      Delete

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)