Tuesday 5 March 2013

C is for . . . Cous Cous Burgers

Seriously, these are delicious!!

I decided to have a bit of an experiment last night, I tend to do that every now and then, mix around some ingredients and see how they work out. Last night was a very rare success that I have to share!

Cous Cous Burgers.

Serves- about 10 burgers
Time- 10minutes prep, 10minutes cooking


Ingredients
-500gr extra lean beef mince
-1 cup of cous cous
-1and1/3 cup of beef stock
-1 leek
-1 capsicum
-Bread crumbs
-Cooking oil

Instructions

1. Place the cous cous and the stock in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes

2. Cut up leek and capsicum into small pieces


3. Get the cous cous and mix it in with the mince meet. Combine well.


4. Add the vegetables and combine well.


5. Place breadcrumbs in a bowl and grab a handful of mince, squish it into a dish and coat with breadcrumbs.


6. Place in a hot fry pan with cooking oil, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.

7. Enjoy!





Linking up with "Essentially Jess" For IBOT!







14 comments:

  1. Damn I wish I could do that....just put stuff together and it works....so clever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha trust me, usually it doesnt. This was a rare occurrence!

      Delete
  2. So easy! I might try these, although I was hoping for a vegetarian recipe by the title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, your right thats deceiving. I didnt even realise. My apologies!

      Delete
  3. Great idea! A good substitute for the usual breadcrumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so onto this! Ticks all the boxes for this meal-plan-tired Mum! I heart cous cous, thanks!

    Loz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome! Thats why I got creative, so sick of the same old meals every night! x

      Delete
  5. Great idea adding cous cous I often add weetbix crushed up or bread crumbs to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice!! We are huge fans of homemade burgers around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very healthy - and tasty - I've never thought of adding cous cous, usually I just use as side dish :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)