Thursday 21 February 2013

W is for. . . Walk in her shoes

Ill be honest, every other week Thursday is my most favourite day, I love looking at the positive side of my life, picking out all the wonderful points and sharing them with you. I will admit though, today I struggled. I have ended up in a bit of a slump the last few days and struggled to find something positive to share.

I have been thinking all day, Its now 5pm and I have finally realised there is no point in feeling sorry for myself. No point in focusing on the negative things have have happened over the last few days.

How many people would love to live my life?

Would love to have 3 meals a day and a roof over their head.

Would love to have the amazing support I have from my partner and from our families.

Would love to have a healthy and safe lifestyle.

And they don't.

So who am I to complain and the things in my life, that would be so small in comparison to some peoples problems.

So instead, today I am thankful!

I am thankful to have 3 meals a day and a roof over our head

I am thankful to have amazing support from both my partner and our families

and Im thankful for the healthy and safe lifestyle we have


To prove how thankful I am, I am going to join "Walk in her shoes"  Where I will commit to walking 10,000 steps a day from March 18-24.

Because I don't have to walk for Km's each and every day, just to food and water, just a few steps to the fridge.

My aim is to raise $500! But I would love to raise more. Ill be promoting through my blog and social media, the more money raised, the more girls we can help, spend more time in school than having to walk every day!

You can donate to here

Or you can register for yourself here, It costs just $15 and they will send you out a pedometer so you can keep track of those steps!

I know there are other bloggers walking as well

BabyMac

Essentially Jess

Any other bloggers who are doing this, please let me know and i'll list your names! I think its such a wonderful cause.

No matter how bad life can get, how dark and gloomy, there is always something to be thankful for.
This Thankful Thursday may have been a little harder than other, but after a little soul searching, its easy to see all the wonderful things I have been blessed with. And I hope I can make some people's lives, just a little bit brighter.

Of course I'm linking up with Leigh at "Six by the Bay" for Thankful Thursday! My weeks just wouldn't be the same without it!



3 comments:

  1. Good job Cccmummy - I joined into today for the first time in a long time. It felt good to think of the things I do gave to be thankful for !!!
    Have a great evening !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome girl! I love how you managed to focus on the good, and they dont have to be anything special, just what makes us happy! Well done doing the steps. Its a great cause and Ill def donate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on joining this great cause and on seeing the bright side of things.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)