Saturday 2 February 2013

K is for . . . Kale Chips

Kale, Its green, Its leafy, It looks like spinach and not all that appealing. But believe me, this is one super food that is super tasty when cooked the right way!

Kale has so many health benefits its amazing! It is high in fibre and has zero fat! It is squashed full of antioxidants as well as Iron and Vitamin K. So to celebrate this delicious super leafy food I have made some chips, which might I add are super yummy and totally addictive! and I'll also be posting a super smoothie later in the evening, which is perfect for breakfast or for an after workout snack.

Kale Chips! (Can also be called Shrek chips, to help encourage little ones to give them a go)



Ingredients

- One head of Kale
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- Sea salt

1- Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees, Then take the Kale and cut the leaves off the stem.


2- Cut the leaves into bite sized pieces and put into a bowl, coat with olive oil and 2 pinches of sea salt (Or around 8 turns of a salt grinder)


3- Place on a baking tray and put into the oven for 10 minutes, Take out of the oven when the ends of the leaves begin to turn brown.


4- Leave on the tray until the leaves are cool, Then they are ready to eat!


Seriously this is the most easy and tasty recipe I have ever used! I'm eating the chips as I write this and they are totally delicious and addictive! You have to make them, like, now!

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I made them last night! Awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to trying this. This will be my first foray into using Kale :)
    Becc @ Take Charge Now

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)