Thursday 7 February 2013

H is for . . . Happy

I have been down and out. I have been to the lowest of lows. I have felt like the world was over, my world was over.
Being a teenager is hard for everyone, I felt this, maybe harder than a lot of people. I also felt this way for bits after E was born.
Many people suffer Post Natal Depression and I wish it upon no one. I felt useless, helpless, like I was doing everything wrong. When I was there, in that darkness, I felt as though there was no end to the sadness. But one day, the sun came out and I felt better.
It still strikes every now and then, in much smaller doses. But I feel 100 times better than I did, and for that I feel Happy and I feel thankful.

Today my little family went for a visit to the beach. It made me think about how lucky I am, today, in this moment and in that moment, I am happy. From the very bottom of my heart to the tips of my toes, I am overwhelming happy with life! I feel so blessed to have everything I have, and even with a little man who is seriously unhappy about his upcoming teeth, I am happy.

So linking up on my most favourite day, with my most favourite blogger "Six by the Bay" For Thankful Thursday, I am so very thankful to be happy!
















What are you thankful for?



8 comments:

  1. It's a tough journey. BTDT!
    So thankful my first is 18 though! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of your family. Well done you for working through the tough bits and appreciating the good bits. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I feel good about it. Its good to feel happy

      Delete
  3. You are so lovely! I love that you can recognise your happiness. Simply noticing the little things can make such a difference! Great to see you here again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photo's and a cute little bubba you have there. Post natal depression is an awful thing. I didn't have it but I had friends with it. So glad you are happy and you know it (hmmm sounds a bit like a song I know) ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *clap clap* haha. Thank you, its a tough journey thats for sure. But seeing the positives makes a massive difference! xx

      Delete

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)